We believe LD Pride is…
- Knowing that being learning disabled is nothing to be ashamed about
- Not being ashamed to advocate for accommodations you need
- Believing that you are smart and have lots of thing to offer the the world
- Recognizing talents and abilities that may be linked to your LD such as:
- Artistic ability or a gift in a particular area such as math, memory, or
- An identity:
- Anyone can be learning disabled, but not all people have LD Pride.
- A sense of community with other LD people
But, don’t take our word for it. Unlike Deaf Pride, LD Pride is a very new concept. Therefore, we are trying to gather other people’s viewpoints on this question. So why not, check out: What is LD Pride to you?